Where God holds up the right mirror and we gain His perspective for ourselves and for others. The number one question God will ask us is? Did you become you?? In the Be You room, Jesus recovers and reveals our original design. He tells us who we are to him and releases freedom and playfulness in relationship with him. In this room, we know that we know that Jesus delights in us exactly the way we are and desires to bring our hearts into wholeness.
Corners of the Be You Room:
- Mirrors – Jesus walks us into a room with mirrors and asks us to tell Him which mirror we think is the correct mirror. How do we view ourselves? .He will Show us the correct image of ourselves and help us to be free in who He made us to be without pretensions. No more conforming to who others desire for you to be – he shows us our original design
- Basketball with Jesus – Celebrating life being and playful with the one who created us. Experiencing freedom, joy, and laughter at simply being ourselves. Meeting the playful God – He loves to be with us and enjoy the gift that is our life.
- Fruit on the Table – Jesus helps us to identify the areas of our lives where we have changed parts of ourselves in order to feel loved and accepted by others. When the critics show up in our lives, we don't need to change ourselves to accommodate them. Jesus never gets tired of us and He always sees the best in us.
- Humbling Love – Self Correction – One of the hardest things to do is to identify areas within ourselves that are not in line with who He made us to be. Jesus helps us to identify places of inner growth and humbles us with his loving corrections. He does not accuse or condemn us – He understands us perfectly and desires to make us whole in His love.
- New Kingdom Callings – His Original Design and Calling for our lives – He has made each one of us unique and helps us to understand our calling in Him and to others. Jesus will sometimes use others to help us see who we are and gets on back on the right track for our lives. Not about performance – our calling will bring us great joy to walk out!
- Reformers Corner – Reformers are Kings and Queens who are to receive a great inheritance. Reformers are to help each other along the way and never put wrong labels on each other. Reading peoples scrolls to them when they are unable to believe what God thinks and feels for them. Seeing the best in people around you; calling out the reformer
Scriptures for the Be You Room
- 1st Peter 4:10 – Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 – Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
- Jeremiah 15:16 – When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty.
- Hebrews 2:12 – He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
- Hebrews 4: 11 & 14 – Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience. For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
- Isaiah 16:3 – “Make up your mind,” Moab says. “Render a decision. Make your shadow like night– at high noon. Hide the fugitives, do not betray the refugees.
- Psalm 139:13-16 – For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- Isaiah 65: 17-18 – See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy.
- Ezekiel 3:1 – And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel.”